USAID contractors have a large mobile workforce depending on the project they’re working to accomplish. Whether that’s a special event or work on the ground in another city or even another country, USAID contractors need a timesheet and expense report solution that’s as mobile and agile as their workforce.
The problem is that sometimes, USAID timesheet and expense report mobile apps can look the same, making it difficult to discern between a good solution with the right functionality and a mediocre solution with bells and whistles that isn’t actually useful.
Here are the features and benefits of USAID timesheet and expense report mobile apps:
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF EXPENSE REPORT MOBILE APPS FOR USAID CONTRACTORS?
Mobile expense reports:
Employees don’t have to be tied down to their desktop to complete their expense reports. With the technology available today, it’s possible for an employee to do an entire expense report just using their own smartphone or tablet. These are the tools that your mobile expense reporting solution should be able to provide:
- OCR: This is data capture using OCR (optical character recognition), which then auto-fills the expense report, leaving the user to just verify and submit.
- Receipt capture: Take pictures of receipts to attach to expense reports or for storage.
- Email attachments: Forward email receipts to the system and attach them to individual line items or the entire expense report.
- Ease of use in adding/editing data: It should be easy to quickly add a new line or modify entries already entered.
- Simple submission: Users should be able to submit from anywhere, any time.
- Track approvals with notification: Employees can see where the expense report is in the approval process and get notifications on their home screen when a report is rejected or approved.
Related Article: Tracking Your Mobile Workforce Through Timesheets With Geo-Fencing
What Are The Benefits of Timesheet mobile apps for USAID Contractors?
Having mobile timesheets is particularly important when you have employees on the road. Giving your users the power to log their time using their own device means that they can do their timesheets from wherever they are. Look for a mobile timesheet app with these features:
- An intuitive interface: Even the least technical users should be able to easily clock in or out using their own mobile device.
- Leave requests: Giving employees the ability to enter their leave requests using their mobile device gives them more power when it comes to making decisions about their leave.
- Access leave accruals: Employees should be able to see how much leave they’ve accrued using just the mobile app, giving them the data they need to plan in advance.
- Track submissions with notification: Users can see where their timesheets are in the approval process and be notified automatically as it moves through the workflow.
- Geo-fencing: Capture employee time based on their geolocation and ensure that employees can only clock in when they’re within the perimeter of the work location.
Having data at your fingertips is one thing, but having it available no matter where you go is another. USAID contractors will see faster payments and more satisfied users when they implement a timesheet and expense report software solution built specifically to satisfy their requirements.
Learn more about DATABASICS Time + Expense for USAID Contractors ™.
DATABASICS provides cloud-based, next generation Expense Reporting, P-Card Management, Timesheet & Leave Management, and Invoice Processing automation. Specializing in meeting the most rigorous requirements, DATABASICS offers the highest level of service to its customers around the world.
DATABASICS is relied upon by leading organizations representing all the major sectors of the global economy: financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, research, retail, engineering, non-profits/NGOs, technology, federal contractors, and other sectors.
DATABASICS is headquartered in Reston, VA.