Nonprofits might have a large mobile workforce of employees and volunteers. Whether their mission involves a special event or work on the ground in another city or even another country, nonprofits need a timesheet and expense report solution that’s as mobile as their workforce.
The problem is that sometimes, nonprofit timesheet and expense report mobile apps can seem similar, making it difficult to know the difference between something that will fit their needs and something that just has a bunch of fancy, but useless features.
Here are the features and benefits of nonprofit timesheet and expense report mobile apps:
Benefits of Timesheet mobile apps for Nonprofits
Having mobile timesheets is particularly important when you have a lot of employees working independently on a particular mission. Users need the power to log their time using their own device so they can do their timesheets from wherever they are. These features are particularly helpful:
- Leave accrual access from anywhere: Seeing how much leave they’ve accrued using just the mobile app gives employees them the data they need to plan in advance.
- Geo-fencing: Employee time can be captured based on their geolocation, which ensures that employees can only clock in when they’re within the perimeter of the work location.
- An intuitive interface: Using a mobile app can be intimidating for non-technical users. The software should be so intuitive that even these users should be able to clock in or out using their smart device.
- Leave requests: When employees can enter their leave requests on their own smart device, they have more power when it comes to making decisions about their leave.
- Track submissions with notification: Increasing transparency around the leave process helps users feel more confident in the system and more satisfied with their work.
Related Article: Tracking Your Mobile Workforce Through Timesheets With Geo-Fencing
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF EXPENSE REPORT MOBILE APPS FOR NonprofitS?
Mobile expense reports:
Employees no longer need to be at their desktop to complete their expense reports. Today's technology makes it possible for an employee to do an entire expense report on their own smart device. Look for these options for mobile expense reports for nonprofits:
- Notifications: Employees get alerts right to their home screen as the expense report moves through the workflow.
- Receipt capture: Receipts can be captured by just taking a picture and attaching the picture to expense reports or sending it into the receipt repository for storage.
- OCR: Using OCR (optical character recognition) auto-fills the expense report, leaving the employee or volunteer to simply verify and submit.
- Simple submission: Non-technical users should also be able to submit their expense reports because the system is intuitive and easy to use.
- Email attachments: Receipts often come by email nowadays, so it's important to be able to simply forward a receipt into the system and use it when filling out the expense report.
- Apps without gaps: Even from the user's smart phone, it needs to be easy to create new expenses or edit previous entries. Essentially, if the desktop version can do it, the mobile version can too.
Having data at your fingertips is one thing, but having it available no matter where you go is another. Nonprofits will see faster payments and more satisfied users when they implement a timesheet and expense report software solution built specifically to satisfy their requirements.
Learn more about DATABASICS Time + Expense for Nonprofits & NGOs™.
DATABASICS provides cloud-based, next generation Expense Reporting, P-Card Management, Timesheet & Leave Management, and Invoice Processing automation. Specializing in meeting the most rigorous requirements, DATABASICS offers the highest level of service to its customers around the world.
DATABASICS is relied upon by leading organizations representing all the major sectors of the global economy: financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, research, retail, engineering, non-profits/NGOs, technology, federal contractors, and other sectors.
DATABASICS is headquartered in Reston, VA.